Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Weekly Inspiration: Butterfly "Dream"

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I am sharing this week's altered playing card inspiration: Butterfly Dream.  As I mentioned yesterday, I am having the best time altering a playing card every week.  This weekly project has allowed me to try to mediums, new techniques and just have a good ol' time playing in the craft room.  
I started with applying a few layers of white gesso onto the playing card.  After drying, white acrylic paint was applied and dried.  Honestly, I had no idea where this project was going to take me this week and had no plan.  I pulled out my Distress Inks and applied a colorful background using Candied Apple, Mowed lawn, Squeezed Lemon and Peacock Feathers.
Next, Blueprint Sketch was used with Tim Holtz' stamp set, Flights of Fancy.  White Distress Stain (Picket Fence) was used with Stampabilities' Faded Text Background stamp.
Tim Holtz' stencil, Speckles, and Ink-Gold's Mint Green created some shiny speckled happiness across the card front.
Pale yellow vellum paper was embossed and die cut using Tim Holtz' Butterfly Duo Texture Fades.  Wink of Stella's white glitter pen was used on the back of the butterfly.  Sakura's gold metallic marker was applied on the edge.
Mini Glue Dots were used on the butterfly body and the butterfly wings were slightly curled.
Elizabeth Craft Designs' die, Dream, was double die cut (white card stock and gold shimmer stock) and adhered as shown.  The final step was applying the gold metallic marker along the outside of the card.
Aren't the colors pretty?  So light and lovely!  I hardly ever use these colors and I am glad I pulled them out for this project. 

Thank you for stopping by!  I do hope you enjoyed the altered playing card. 
Have a happy crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This altered card is entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Simon Says Stamp Monday, Ray of Sunshine

9 comments:

  1. Love the pastel colors that you've created - lovely Spring card. So fun seeing the card going through it's creation from start to finish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card!
    Your color combination is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the background you created on your playing card and your vellum butterfly looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty and your butterfly with the gold edging is so elegant.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kathy Jo, this is stunning!! I love the design and the details!! It looks amazing!! Beautiful colors, too!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is so pretty! Love the colours and the gold edging on the butterfly! Beautiful! Looking forward to your altered playing cards Kathy Jo! Fabulous idea, and thanks for sharing your techniques! :D

    From A Broad

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! I put a set of cards on one side to cut as Stencils, but love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Kathy Jo!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...