Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Mixed Media Graphic 45 "Amazing" butterfly vase

Hello Crafty Friends!

Earlier this week I posted a project on the Quietfire Design blog.  The inspiration for the project came from the talented Chana at Redora Lee Designs.  She makes the most beautiful altered bottles!  

I had a cute, wee bottle that I just could not put in the recycling bin.  I altered the bottle and used two heartening Quietfire Design stamps, You are Amazing:
You Are Amazing - Mounted
and Be Yourself from the Woods Would be very Silent stamp set:
The Woods Would be Very Silent - Set of 5 Stamps - Mounted
The lovely papers were from Graphic 45's Nature's Sketchbook collection. Love the butterflies and images!
Below are more photos of the jar:


Aren't the stamps gorgeous??
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I do hope you enjoyed the project.  :)  And thank you, Chana, for the inspiration!

Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh! This is gorgeous! Beautiful sentiments for sure and the jar has been given a royal makeover. So inspiring Kathy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love the fabulous definition of your crackle! What did you medium did you use? I just ordered some DecoArt Weathered Wood. This is really nice and has given me some ideas for a bottle I am working on! Thanks for the inspiration, I think we cross inspire each other. Funny thing, too, I just ordered Nature's Sketchbook for my bottle but was not really sure how I was going to use it. Now I have a semi-solid idea! Thanks for the love on my blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful but looks hard to do then I went back to your original instructions on the blog and I am going to give it a go as I hate getting rid of glass bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! How personal! How Beautiful! The materials involved in this project made a perfect treasure for a gift. Love the base texture is wonderful and makes it all grounded for the 4 sides. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...