Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Thinking of you bunny card

Happy Sunday All!

It has been a great crafty weekend here.  On Friday I took a vacation day and headed with some of my crafty friends, Janice and Valerie, and Janice's crafty mom, Ruby, for a day of craft shopping.  It was so much fun and we found some real crafty treasures!  Then, yesterday it was an early meet for Janice and I at Valerie's house where we spent the whole day and late into the evening crafting.  I think I cleaned up my craft mess at 2am.  Quality craft time! But I think I have a crafting hangover today.  :)

One of the cards I made last night is for two challenges: Kraft Journal's Inside and out and the Cardabilities Sketch.  The base was made from Kraft card stock.  I applied Tim Holtz' Picket Fence to the edges.  Simple Stories' Homespun supplied the background paper inside and out of the card.  Kraft card stock was cut using Tim Holtz' Sizzix die Easter Elements and also the flourishes from Spellbinders die set Venetian Motifs.  The flourishes had Picket Fence applied and the bunny had TH crackle paint in Picket Fence applied.  The bunny then had TH Brushed Corduroy ink added along the edges. A doily was die cut from more of the Homespun paper.  "Thinking of You" from JustRite stamp set Enjoy the Day was used on the banner.
The inside contains the Homespun paper and doilies die cut from Couture Creations' Blossom Yarn.  The lovely sentiment is from JustRite's Grateful heart stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Thanks to my crafty friends for a fabulous weekend!
Hugs to all!
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Kraft Journal, Inside and out
Cardabilities, Sketch
Craftin Desert Divas, AG
613 Avenue Create, AG

15 comments:

  1. What a sweet shabby chic bunny. It looks great with the woodgrain background and plaid. Lots of nice textures going on utilizing the Cardabilites sketch. Thanks for joining us there. P.S. Your term "crafting hangover" made me chuckle aloud. I've felt that way before, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than having a craft day with friends. Love your card the bunny looks so cool done with crackle paint. Really liking that doily die too may have to add that to my wish list.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The bunny looks really cool. Glad you guys had a great weekend crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I love the crackle bunny!! It looks amazing!! Your shopping trips sounds like such fun!! I hope you have recovered from your "hangover" ;) Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Sweet bunny and i really like him on the wood grain paper. sounds like you had a blast with your crafty friends! ♥Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Kathy Jo. Love the layout inside and out. The rabbit is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I love this!!! I thought it was on real wood! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    CDD DT Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card, thank you for joining us at Cardabilities this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card. The outside is lovely but the surprise of the inside finished on both sides is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A crafty hangover sounds like an awful lot of fun :)
    I really love the texture on the bunny - it makes me think of white chocolate! The gems and flourish are perfect & I love the splash of bright pattern against the woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just so pretty! I absolutely LOVE it! Had to stop over and see the inside! Congrats on your feature at TKJ!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Easter card :)
    Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. I love the "rustic chic" look, and you've certainly nailed it here. Thanks for dropping this by 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and beautiful card! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities! :)
    ~Olga Kovalchuk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kathy Jo!
    Your work is sooo beautiful. I especially love your Easter card.
    She inspires me and brings me great joy. Thank you for's show.
    Maybe you like to visit me once in my blog? You come with a click to my **Stempelgaudi** . I hope you enjoy!
    Warm greetings
    Momo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...