Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fairy Tale Wedding card



Happy Sunday, Crafters!

Yesterday a friend of ours was married.  Of course I had to make a card but I did not want to make it too over the top girly so I set restrictions on myself: two layers, no bows, no Stickles and no flowers.  I did not adhere to the two layers restriction but it did fit in a standard envelope!  :)
The stamp was from Quietfire's Valentine's Day/Love stamp set.  It was die cut using Spellbinders Ovals and the edge had silver applied.  The next layer was Spellbinders' Elegant Ovals.  Four corners from Spellbinders Gold Elements was adhered as shown.  The lovely background paper was from Basic Grey's Little Black Dress.  Of course, I added some gems...but not a lot!  I showed very good restraint.  :) And although I reached for my Stickles, I resisted the urge and did not apply any.  (However, I made a card immediately after this one and I made sure to use the Stickles at will.  LOL)
In case you do not know the Quietfire stamp set, it is shown below.  It is a sweet set!  
Valentine's Day/Love, set of 8 stamps
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Glamorous and Elegant!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant and gorgeous wedding card this is!! The sentiment is so beautiful!! I love everything about this!! The dies you used are fabulous!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I find giving myself that kind of supply restriction means I have to use whatever it is immediately afterwards, like a crafty palate cleanser :) This is such a beautiful card for a wedding or anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...