Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Guest Blogger at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine- "Sunlight to my heart" card

Hello Crafters!

Exciting news: Canadian Scrapbooker magazine asked me to be their Guest Blogger!  Yay!  
Today I will show a couple of photos and project materials list for my first card.
No big surprise, the first card used several dies.  :)  But the focal point of the card is Quietfire's stamped sentiment "You are Sunlight to my heart".
You are Sunlight - Mounted
The dies and papers used are as follows from the base up: ivory tent fold base, Prima's Almanac patterned paper cut to size, ivory card stock die cut with Spellbinders' Lovin' Diamonds and Distress ink (Worn Lipstick) applied, tan card stock die cut with Spellbinders Floral Ovals, ivory card stock die cut using the heart dies from Lovin' Diamonds and double gold heat embossed, and ivory card stock die cut using Spellbinders Labels 34 and Worn Lipstick applied. 

Below is a closeup of the card center.  I also added several gold pearls around the center just for extra accent.
A big thank you to Canadian Scrapbooker for having me as a guest blogger!  It truly is an honor!

Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to hop on over to the Canadian Scrapbooker blog to see the post.  :)
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

5 comments:

  1. Bravo! Congratulations! This is a wonderful piece of gorgeous art and I am so pleased that you get to share it with more crafters! Superb! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - how exciting!! Your card is stunning!! I love the design and the beautiful sentiment!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kathy Jo! Your card is beautiful!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations --how exciting love your card .

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting you were asked to be their Guest Blogger!!! And what a lovely creation you made to share with them.....and us!! I always love your exquisite cards with such lovely layering of the fancy dies. This is gorgeous as always. I want to learn your layering techniques so I am pinning this.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...