Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Learn how to use an old hardcover book for your junk journal!

 

Hello Crafty Friends!

Are you interested in junk journals?  Perhaps you have made many or you would like to start and do not know where to begin?  Junk journals are fun to make and are a great way to create something unique.  I so enjoy sitting in my craft room and taking papers or other items that would possibly end up in recycling or (gasp!) a landfill then making something new with them.  It is very relaxing and sparks the inner child in me.


Sometimes the most difficult part of starting something new is the first step.  Several people have approached me and said "I would like to make a junk journal but have no idea where to begin" or, even worse say, "I would make a junk journal but it would probably turn out horrible".  Nope, I do not believe the second one.  The first statement is easy- I say let's go on this crafty journey together!


A few weeks ago I shared my first junk journal.  It still makes my heart happy.  A lot of love went into that journal and I am proud of myself for taking that first step and trying something new.  
Now I am doing a weekly YouTube Live at 10am AST/ 8am CST to walk through the steps to create your own junk journal.  


Last week I shared how you can take an old hard cover book and prep it for your junk journal.  I share tips that I have learned to help you turn your first (or second or third...) book spine into a great starting point!

You can join in on the Live every Sunday on my YouTube channel: @kathyjocrafts

Feel free to leave questions or comments on the YouTube channel.  Follow me on YouTube and join in on the creativity!

Have a happy, crafty day.

Hugs,

Kathy Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...