Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

JustRite Challenge #102, Color Inspiration


Happy Monday!

JustRite's current Challenge #102 is color inspiration.  As soon as I saw the photo I gasped: I have those tea cups!  Big shocker to my friends, I'm sure.  LOL.  For those of you who do not know me: I love tea cups (and tea pots...thus the blog name of "I'm a Little Teapot").  Tea cups are like little works of art.  Not only are they art but they are perfect when having a tea alone and best when shared with friends.  

The photo made me wonder:  If I had a tea party, who would I like to drink tea with?  One tea cup would be mine...so I need two more people at my tea party...

The first person is my mom.  She is one of my best friends and I would love for her to visit me and share a tea and some laughs.  But what tea cup would my mom choose?  I think she would choose the pink tea cup.  I verified this in a phone call to her: "Mom, you have three cups in front of you, all are identical except color.  You have a choice between pastels in pink, yellow and robin's egg blue.  Which would you choose?"  About 1/10 of a second went by and my mom said pink.  Do I know my mom, or what?  At my tea party my mom would have the pink tea cup in front of her and this card:



All pink with the JR lace background (she loves lace), a doily (ditto on doilies) and a ribbon (another ditto).  The sentiment is from JR stamp set Poppies Labels Twenty Nine.  I picked the sentiment because it is true and because we jokingly tell my mom she has brown thumb when it comes to gardening.  :)

The second tea cup is for my best friend, Kim.  She is also in the States so having her here would make the tea party complete.  At first I thought she would choose the blue cup but I really think she would consider the yellow.  For Kim, she would have whatever tea cup (the blue or yellow) and this card to match:



I had to use the JR Winged Vintage Labels Two and Three stamp set.  Kim and I used to collect butterflies as kids and this butterfly stamp brings back some great childhood memories.  I am smiling just thinking about those times!  The card was made using Spellbinders die Filligree Delight- which I think Kim would like.  I wanted to give some life to the card and make it look like the butterfly was in flight.  I used flourishes from the SW dies sets Twisted Metal Tags and Accents and from Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents to do so.

Finally, I get the last cup.  Honestly, I do not care what color because it is not the tea or the cup that matters but the friends at table.  Since this is a tea party, I decided to make a happy party themed card in all three colors.



The card was made using Spellbinders Detailed Scallops.  The banners are SW Buntings and Button dies.  The large banners were made using the JR stamp sets Victorian Tile, French Rose Background and Floral Flourishes. I used a flourish from Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents to make steam coming out of the cup. 

There you go!  My tea party.  Thanks for stopping by to find out about my tea guests and to see the cards.  



Have a great week!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenge:
JustRite Challenge #102, Color Inspiration


Materials/Tools used for each card:


  • Mom- JustRite stamp sets Lace Background stamp and Poppies Labels 29; Spellbinders Stately circles and Std Circles LG; Couture Creations Alcyone Doily die; Recollections bling; TH ink in Spun Sugar.
  • Kim- JR stamp set Winged Vintage Labels 2 & 3; Filligree Delight, Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents, Twisted Metal Tags and Accents, Vintage labels 3 dies; white pigment ink and winter white embossing powder; Recollections light blue chalk pad; mini pearls; pale yellow vellum (inside of buterfly)
  • Kathy Jo: JR stamps Floral Flourishes, French Rose Background, Victorian Tile Background, Charmed; Buntings and Button, Ornate Artisan (steam out of the cup), Detailed Scallops, Framed Tags One and Nested Tea cups; white pigment ink and embossing powder; pastel gems.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my good gosh, they are all absolutely stunning!! Wow, Kathy Jo, you did an amazing job with all of them!! I love the designs and the layers!! Each one is a work of art!! Love, love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Beautifully done. All of the them are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy Jo,
    Yes,Yes and yes!! lovely all three! what lucky friends you have!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are all stunning but I think my favorite is the last one with all 3 colors. Love the banners and that detail scallop spellbinder die must have a look for this one . Love love them all Kathy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZERS Kathy Jo!! These are all amazing! Gorgeous colors and love how each card is so different!
    I would LOVE to come to your tea party :)
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely beautiful each card is. They are so elegant and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaow your cards are stunning. Great dies for your card bases

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever take on the challenge and FABULOUS cards, Kathy Jo -- all are GORGEOUS, but I'm especially fond of the last tri-color card -- WOW!!! I too considered doing a card with teacups/teapot, but yours are each EXQUISITE and the personalization makes such a sweet post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are just too much fun! Your details are amazing - love them all! Thanks for showing love towards Pixie - she's giving a puppy hug back :)

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your cards are stunning! And thank you for the lovely comment you left for me. have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job Kathy Jo. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! These are all BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the FUN designs and your different takes on the Challenge!! The Second one is my Favorite, I LOVE the color and that butterfly!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, these are lovely! I wouldn't want to pick a favorite, they are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Kathy Jo, These cards are all sooooo adorable! I loved your blog post and the reasons behind each card. What a wonderful idea. And thank you for the kind comments on my blog too ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy Jo: I saw this challenge and thought about entering but didn't. WOW, your cards are absolutely STUNNING! I'm loving them all. Just delightful - good luck on this one. I think you deserve a win on this challenge!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...