Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Adventure birthday card

Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?  I hope it was great and you were able to squeeze in some crafty time.  :)

Today I am sharing a card I made for my husband.  It was a "milestone" birthday and I wanted it to be different.  Milestone birthdays means entry into a new decade and some people take these birthdays not so well.  My husband, on the other hand, has approached it differently and is achieving a goal that he has had for a while...and I am so proud of him for it!  It seemed appropriate to make an enthusiastically aspiring card.  The background stamp by JustRite- Let the Adventure Begin- was perfect for him!

It was stamped using Memento's Rich Cocoa.  Tim Holtz Distress Stains were mixed with water and painted onto the image.  The watch had glossy accents applied for a 3D effect.  The key was colored and the new Stickles color Rose Gold was applied.  
It was an enjoyable card to make as I hardly every do any "painting" or coloring.  My hubby enjoyed the card, too!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good Monday!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, AG
Sister Act, AG
TTCRD, AG
Brown Sugar, AG

6 comments:

  1. I really like the card you made. Congrats to your hubby on his BD and his goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! I love the map background!! The pocket watch is awesome!! Happy, happy birthday to your hubby!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card bet your hubby loved it! thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge hugs Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! wow, I luv this...awesome design and details! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing and please join us again.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous masculine card. Tell hubby Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...