Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Just Rite Challenge #116, CAS card

Hello All!

It has been a while since my last post.  I am in the midst of changing craft rooms from the super tiny craft room I currently have to a larger room we use for a spare bedroom.  A lot of work going through collected items in both rooms!  Also, I am making a storage unit for my inks which has also taken up quite a bit of time.  Both projects are well worth it and I cannot wait to move into the bigger space and start really crafting again!  My current room is in total disarray.  Thank goodness none of you can see it!

On Sunday my crafty group met for our monthly card making session.  As always it was such a fun time.  I am so fortunate to have such sweet and talented friends!  The cards I designed for the crafty session served double duty: cards for the group to make and cards to enter the current Just Rite Challenge, CAS.  (Another crafty friend in the group is Rebecca and she made two awesome CAS cards for the challenge!)

I could not decide which flower bunch to use on the CAS card: the bunch from Poppies Labels Twenty Nine or the bunch from Black Eyed Susan Vintage Labels Five.  To escape the decision I made one of each.  :)
I colored the poppies with Spectrum Noir markers, the stems with Tim Holtz distress markers then added gold Stickles to the inside of the poppies.  The red SN marker was applied along the edge of the image (cut using Spellbinders Matting Basics), red twine was tied on and the entire mat was foam adhered to the card base.
The card above was colored entirely using SN markers.  Stickles in Crystal was applied on all the petals.  Yellow SN marker was used on the edge.
The card above used Tim Holtz distress markers and a single bow adhered as shown.  Gold was applied to the mat edges.  (a few small changes from the card above)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!  Will post photos of my new craft room and my new storage unit when all is ready.  :)
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful flowers!! The sparkle looks fabulous!! You did such an awesome job with CAS...I struggle not adding layers and bling :) I can't wait to see the pics of your new crafty space!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are both lovely. Bet you are finding crafty goodies you had forgotten about as you move rooms. Like Finding treasure.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew CAS style wouldn't be a problem for you! I've seen you nail it before, and you've done it again with these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Kathy Jo - CAS cards that are beautiful and make a great card set! I especially like that you elevated the image panel with the foam tape - makes them quite elegant! Thanks for taking the time to share your project & creativity at our house!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create: #61 ATG Challenge [with optional "use 2D or 3D flowers"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! You have been BUSY!! I LOVE the FUN Designs!! So BEAUTFUL and Great Colors too!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Kathy Jo! Had so much fun with you guys on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...