Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Thinking of You card

Hello Crafty Friends!

Recently a good friend of mine kindly gave me a beautiful Memory Box die set, Sonora Rose.  The die set is perfect for mailing as it has texture but is not too thick.  I decided to try my hand at making a mailable card with it- which is difficult for me because most projects I make cannot be mailed easily!

First, grey Kraft paper was formed into a tent fold card.  More paper was die cut using the Sonora Rose die set and then distress inked using Mowed Lawn and Festive Berries.  Quietfire Design's Thinking of You stamp was used on more grey paper using Ranger's black archival ink.  A white gel pen was used around the letters as shown below:
It was die cut using the oval from Spellbinders' set, Filigree Delight.  Ruffled lace (Tim Holtz) was adhered along the underside edge.  Black card stock was die cut using Filigree Delight.  All of the die cuts were adhered on the card.  A few sparkly gems were added around the sentiment.  Just look at how easily it can be mailed:

Yay!  An easily mailable card!  Admittedly, I almost put the rose and leaves on a big loopy bow but I stuck with my original goal and kept it thin.  I can't guarantee that I will be able to fight back the temptation next time.  :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you all have a fabulous day.  
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

2 comments:

  1. Simply Beautiful my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the pop of color from the pretty flower against the black!! This is fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...