Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Spray inking- I'm a Little Teapot style...

Hello Crafty Friends!

It is a holiday here in Nova Scotia (Natal Day) so I thought I would start the day off with some fun craft time.  Last time I did a morning spray I told my crafty friends, Janice and Valerie, about my setup and they asked to see it. Well, their wish was my command!  I tweeted (@kathyjocrafts) the event and also took photos for this post.  (Please pardon the poor photos- the outdoor photos have a blue-ish hue due to the early morning hour.)  

So, without further ado, here was my spray inking morning!
I woke up a little after 6am and started a pot of tea.  Today's tea was rooibos.  (Yes, the blog name "I'm a little Teapot" is due to my tea addiction...and tea pot addiction...and tea cup addiction... so it makes sense that step one is a good pot of tea.)
 
Next I set up the spray station: covered a wooden deck table with a garbage bag, then my spray mat and a roll of paper towels.  All of this was set next to our large fir tree.
The spray cart was a new addition this time.  I recently received this from a crafting buddy, Amanda, and it holds all of my sprays and other goodies perfectly.  Most of the sprays were either received second hand from my friend, Mel, from Carsand Mosher or 50% off at Michaels.
Next step...spray away!  Yay!  All of the finished items temporarily hang out in the tree until I am done and my hands are ink free.  If you notice, there is seam binding in my cart.  I keep a roll next to my station to soak up the extra ink.  
I focused more on the Dylusions sprays and the Picket Fence Distress Spray.  I love the bright Dylusions colors!  Above are colors lemon zest, vibrant turquoise, cut grass and picket fence)
Another fun combo!  This one is cherry pie, London blue, pure sunshine and picket fence.
I called this one "Candy Corn Combo".  :)  It is lemon zest, pure sunshine, squeezed orange and picket fence.    Great colors!
After a while the tree starts to fill up with colorful paper happiness.  The paper and ribbons actually go around the tree!  As an FYI: I am fairly confident my neighbors think I am nuts...except the little 4 year old girl next door who probably thinks I am the coolest adult ever.

The papers are still outside drying (no longer on a tree but a flat surface).  However, my tags are dry so I thought I would share some of them.
The above is from lemon zest, cut grass, vibrant turquoise and picket fence.
The above bold colors are awesome.  Postbox red, London blue and picket fence.
Perhaps my favorites are the above tags.  The colors are cherry pie, cut grass and picket fence.  They will definitely be used for vintage Christmas tags.  (Will look so good with distress inks in vintage photo and walnut stain along the edges!)

So that was my spray fun time this morning.  After I cleaned up the station I had more tea and de-weeded the area I was standing in.  Every time I put the sprayed items on the tree I saw all the weeds and I told myself I needed to de-weed soon!  LOL- guess I should have done that before the photos but I was too anxious to spray.  :)

Thanks for sharing my morning with me!  I hope you all have a great day!
Big crafty hugs,
Kathy Jo

6 comments:

  1. What fun!! The colors all look amazing!! I really love the combo of cherry pie, London blue, pure sunshine and picket fence!! But they are all so fabulous!! The Christmas ones are gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your cart and your "drying rack"! LOL! I love getting inky and being outside just gives you that much more abandon! How awesome! Thanks for sharing!! <3
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoooooo such pretty, vibrant colors! SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Fabulous colours and I just love to see all your papers drying on the tree, such fun

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I meant to say thank you for joining my blog as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved seeing your combinations and the tree!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...