Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

"The heart has its reasons" card

 
Hellllooooo Crafters!

Yes, this is my fourth post this week.  After CHA I was a little quiet with project posts because I was catching up on sleep and because I caught a silly cold.  Alas, I am all better now and have finally been able to play in the craft room!  Most of the playing has been with Quietfire's newly released stamps.  Today I am sharing a quick card I made using "The heart has its reasons" stamp:
The Heart has its Reasons - Mounted
Originally, I had different plans for this stamp.  I envisioned lots of layers with a big juicy satin bow and some gold bling.  However, I decided to really show off the stamp and have it on a plain white die cut against black paper.  The sentiment definitely stands out on the card!
The heart is beautiful and I did not want that lost, either.  After the sentiment was stamped, Tattered Angels' Glimmer Glam in Big Apple was applied to the heart.  When it was dry, Stickles' Xmas Red was applied along the outside of the heart.
The black tent fold base was die cut using Spellbinders' A2 Curved Matting Basics.  Next,  black patterned paper (Basic Grey's Little Black Dress) was die cut using Spellbinders' A2 Floral Ribbon Threader.  The sentiment was die cut using Curved Matting Basics.  

I thought about giving this card to my husband on Valentine's Day but I was not sure if the double bow made the card too "fru-fru".  Darn!  Looks like I will have to play in my craft room again!  ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you all have a great day!  
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kathy Jo!! The sentiment is so pretty - I love how you showcased it!! The background paper is beautiful!! I'm glad you are feeling better!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never looked this good in my little back dress! maybe I need to add some of that ribbon!
    lovely KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy you certainly did choose an amazing backdrop to make that sentiment POP. The ribbon makes it sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and so GORGEOUS!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love that sentiment - and this card is stunning! That background and the perfect bow set it off beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...