Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

"I'm Nuts About You" Squirrel Valentine's Day card

Hello Crafters!

No, there is no need to check the banner across the top of the blog- it is Kathy Jo's blog.  I know, I hardly ever color on my cards but this cute-as-a-button squirrel stamp by Northwoods Rubber Stamps called me out at the craft store and said "Buy me!  I need a happy crafty home!" Really, how can you say no to this squirrel?
The image was stamped on watercolor paper and colored in with pencils and gamsoled.  It was die cut using Spellbinders' Classic Squares and gold trim applied.  Next a piece of paper was die cut and distress inked using Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo.  Gold applied again.   Spellbinders Heart Squares was used to die cut patterned paper from My Mind's Eye's Heirloom paper pad.  Two more sheets from the pad were cut to size and Vintage Photo applied along the edge.  It was all mounted on a tent fold Kraft card.  Finishing touch was Stickles applied to the flowers.
It felt strange to not add bling, ribbon, lace, and a big bow but this card will be given to my husband.  I wanted it to be sweet but not girly.  I think he will like it.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo 

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Simply Create, Too, Valentine's Day
Crafting from the Heart, AG
Simon Says Wednesday, AG
My Sheri Crafts, Valentine's Day
Time Out Challenges, Valentine's Day with a heart
Pile it On, Hearts and or flowers
Word Art Wednesday, AG

9 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! The squirrel is too cute!! You colored it perfectly!! Love this, Kathy Jo!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kathy Jo! super cute card, the sentiment is awesome and your coloring is amazing! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the heart frame and the image and sentiment work well for the occasion. Thank you so much for entering our Anything Goes challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kathy Jo, love the image, so cute, fabby backing papers and layout, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love colouring with pencils and gamasol and you've done this perfectly on your card. Thanks so much for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful xolouring, thanks for joining Time out

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that fun image, Kathy Jo, and your heart border just 'makes' this Valentine!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.oxstyles.com/p/valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet work! Thank you for joining us over at TO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...