Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Believe in Yourself card

Hello All!  Today is a special day as I am honored to be a guest Step Sister at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  It is a start of a new challenge at the Sisterhood: use something new.  Luckily Santa was very good to me last month and I received some sweet crafty supplies.  

For the card I started with one of my favorite stamps from Quietfire, "Believe in Yourself", from the If You Don't Believe in Miracles stamp set:
If You Don't Believe in Miracles - Set of 3 Stamps
The card required die cuts and playing with ink...which are two of my favorite things to do!  White card stock was die cut using my new Spellbinders background die French Harmony.  Tim Holtz Distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen were applied on white card stock.  Both the background die cut and the distress papers were cut using Spellbinders Matting Basics A and B.  Small corners from Spellbinders Moroccan Accents die cut the distressed paper.
Kraft paper was die cut using Spellbinders Majestic Circles and Picket Fence Distress Stain applied.   Believe in Yourself was heat embossed on white paper, die cut using Spellbinders Standard Circles, and distress ink applied.  Distress ink was used to dye seam binding, too.
The flowers were from my stash.  Someday, I will take a picture of the flowers stash...I will be able to make many cards before running out!  I think the flowers are reseeding and multiplying.  :)


Thanks so much for stopping by!  A big Thank You to the Sisterhood of Crafters for the Step Sister spot!  I hope to see your creation in the challenge.
Have a good day.
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Sister Act, AG
DL Art, January Linky
Die Cutting Divas, AG
Really Reasonable Ribbon, New (background die) + ribbon
TTCRD, AG
Crafting from the Heart, AG
Simon Says Stamp Monday, Ink background (distress inked background under die)

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Kathy Jo! LOVE the sentiment and your overall card creation is fabulous! Awesome design! Thanks again for being our Step Sister in January. We love what you've been sharing. HUGS!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the background die!! The quote is beautiful!! Fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! the background die is so pretty the card is just amzing
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning & Beautiful! I really love the sentiment.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I have never seen this Spellbinder die (French Harmony)! Great use of distress inks, too. Love the senitment - very encouraging. Thanks for bringing this beauty to our block party at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. Love the distressing and wonderful colors.

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Your card is stunning. Love it to bits. It took me so long to get here because I was busy oohing and aahhing at all your CHA pictures. I have never even there, that would be my Disneyland!! I would be broke.
    Thanks so much for being our Step-sister over at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goregous card, very classic. Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This aqua mist color is lovely, and I really love the sentiment. Absolutely beautiful job, Kathy Jo. Thanks for sharing with us, and have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I came here to leave you a comment on your totally gorgeous card you did for us as a "step-sister" at "The Sisterhood" and spent forever reading your CHA post...wow...I had to jot down some of the new products...lucky you!! Anywho...beautiful card and thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our January challenges!!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...