Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

CAS Made in Minutes butterfly card

Hi Paper Peeps!

Yay- it is Friday! I am always happy when Friday rolls around.  It has nothing to do with my job because I actually enjoy my job and the people I work with are very nice.  I am always happy for Friday because it means that on the weekend I can spend time with my hubby, furry family, friends...and play in the craft room.  Weekends rock.  :)

On Monday, the lovely ladies at the Kraft Journal announced their new challenge: CAS made in minutes.  Very interesting challenge.  I was thinking of it last night when I finished a card and started to clean up my crafting mess.  I knew it was close to bed time so that meant that I really would need to make it in minutes.  I grabbed some blank kraft cards that I had sitting aside.  Next I went to my bin of dies and dry embossed scraps:
I swooped in and took out the ivory butterfly and the dry embossed flower paper.  Next, some scrap gold ribbon was pulled into the mix.  (please pardon the poor photo color- the light in my craft room has a blue hue)
I quickly adhered it all to the card, added gold pearls and an old metal embellishment that I had "re-found" the day before.  Voila!  The card came together in a snap.  I even had time to add Stickles on the flowers!
Funny, it was a quick card but I like how it turned out!  Wish I had more of the floral paper (or maybe I do in that bin?).  If I have more paper, I would like to place a sheet of ivory paper under the patterned paper for more pop and to bring out the butterfly.  Will have to look for more of it and make it again!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantabulous weekend!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Kraft Journal, Quick CAS
Simon Says Stamp, AG

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the embossed paper and butterfly. Also, signed up to be a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the paper and the design!! It would have taken me hours to make something this beautiful!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card Kathy Jo you amaze me on how quick you can put such beautiful cards together so quickly .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully, I am so glad you took our Made In Minutes challenge at The Kraft Journal! Yay for using some of your scraps too! Beautifully done and again, thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal! I hope you join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...