Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Masculine Birthday card

Hello Fellow Crafters!

Do you find that you tend to make cards that do not fit into envelopes well?  I do!  I decided to challenge myself and make a masculine birthday card that is "flat".  My husband picked out the paper and my challenge was set.  And yes, you read that correctly...I showed my husband possible choices for paper and he thought the globe paper from Bo Bunny's Weekend Market was "cool".
The paper was trimmed to size and mounted on kraft card stock.  Additional kraft paper was die cut using Spellbinders A2 Brackets Borders One.  "Happy Birthday" (Quietfire's Happy Birthday Plain & Simple) was stamped on ivory card stock and distressed in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  Gold foil tape was adhered to the edge.  Green paper was die cut from Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents and centered over the compass.  All edges were distressed in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  Bling was applied as shown.
Easy card!  Hopefully it is "cool" for a masculine birthday card!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Kraft Journal, Sea and Sand
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned paper, July
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful masculine birthday design and I love the earthy tones.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your DH is right, that paper is cool! Cooler still is what you've done with it. I love that pop of bright green around the compass. That was truly inspired.
    I also struggle to make cards I don't have to buy padded envelopes for and pay a fortune to mail. Some of us just like layers, and CAS just doesn't have the wow factor a wonderfully layered card does. But this is perfect, it has the layers without the bulk and all the special details. Super Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous!! Your hubby did a fabulous job - I love, love that beautiful paper!! You did such an awesome job!! I have so much trouble with masculine cards!! Beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is a very nice masculine cards. I find those so hard to make! Your husband did a great job picking out the paper - it's gorgeous!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Kathy Jo! What cool paper! Very stunning layout too. Love how you added the flourish around the compass rose, design at it's best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, very stylish. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for July - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...