Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Distressed Butterfly card

Hello!  How is your weekend thus far?  Are you enjoying the weather?  Getting some crafty time in?  Yesterday I went to Janice's house to see her newest family member: a super adorable wee kitten, Mushu.  In the afternoon our Saint Bernard's sister, Millie, came over.  The girls have "slumber parties" throughout the year and the girls love it...as do my hubby and I.
A few weekends ago I went to my favorite local crafty store, Carsand Mosher.  They have a discount card system and I was able to get 20% off an item. (Yes!!)  My item of choice was Sizzix' Butterfly Frenzy Decorative Die Strip.  (I know you are all shocked- I bought another die...and it had butterflies.)  For the card, I ran the die through my Calibur but not enough to cut entirely into the paper.  I raised some of the wings and added Walnut Stain ink along the edges.  I popped one butterfly out completely to make it look like it was flying into an open spot on the paper.
The "Butterfly" in the corner was from Quietfire's Butterflies/Dragonflies stamp set.  The stamp in the lower left corner was from Quietfire's Illuminations stamp set.  The butterfly scene was mounted on a scrap piece of woodgrain paper.  The card base was made using one of my favorite Spellbinders dies, Reflective Moment.   (Are you getting tired of seeing my cards using that die yet?  I hope not!)
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a good Sunday and stay crafty.  :)
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create, Shaped AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
DL Art, July AG
Wags 'n Whiskers, AG
Just For Fun, AG
Crafting by Designs, Use dies
Crafting from the Heart, AG
Crafty Girls, AG

9 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful! No I'm not tired of seeing that die yet! I was so wrapped up in seeing the "butterfly" in the top right, I completely missed the Illuminations in the bottom right! Thanks for using the stamps! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used both stamps, and lighting effect.
    Did you emboss the butterfly stamp in white?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!! The colors are so beautiful!! I just love the butterflies!! What a gorgeous card!! I have the Reflective Moments die but haven't used it yet...what am I waiting for??!! Love, love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clever card, the colours are gorgeous as is the design. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely amazing!
    Outi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and great use of dies! Perfect for our challenge at Crafting By Designs this week. Thanks for joining us! -Jenny, Crafting by Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work,Kathy Jo! Love the inking,and those dies,gorgeous!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The distressing and the details are so intricate. Its a fabulous card. The colors are amazing.
    Thank you for joining us on the Anything Goes Challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!
    Yolanda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...