Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

"Fairy" Mixed Media bookmarks

Hello Crafty Friends!

A couple of weeks ago I shared a mixed media fairy card using one of Quietfire Designs' new fairy stamp sets.  Well, I finally got around to tidying up the craft room and I came across some scrap pieces of the mixed media paper that were leftover from the card.  The paper was too pretty to toss and too small to create a card background...but it was a great size to create new bookmarks!  Tidying up the craft room was ceased (yay!) and crafting began (YAY!).

What gave me the idea for the bookmarks?  Recently I purchased Becca Feeken's Filligree bookmark die (S4-731) set from Blitsy.  The dies are gorgeous and were the perfect size for the scrap paper.  Even more good news, the dies could be used with Quietfire Designs' fairy die set, Nothing can be truer:
Nothing Can Be Truer, Set of 2 - Mounted
The image and quote were stamped onto the paper and die cut. The quote is so sweet!
Nuvo Crystal was applied to the background, too.  I love how Nuvo Crystal easily creates wee glimmer for a more fairy-like background. 
Next, I die cut the remaining scrap with the ornate die cut from the same bookmark set.  White scrap paper was die cut using the largest die.  Just like all Becca's dies, this die set is elegant and creates beautiful bookmarks.
Black scrap paper was also die cut from the largest die and used for the fairy book mark.
The stamp set and die set work so well together.  The bookmarks are great gifts for friends/family and a wonderful way to use up your scrap paper.  (I don't know about you, but I have a large bin of scrap paper waiting to be used.  Some of that scrap paper will finally find a project!)

I hope you like the book marks and they inspire you to use some of your scraps.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day!
Big hugs,
Kathy Jo

Some other products used on the card:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...