Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Smile Inspire Dream vintage wood wall art

Hello Crafty Friends!

Yesterday I shared a project for the FaveCrafts Best Blogger Contest.  Today I would like to share another project for the contest: a vintage-y wooden "Smile Inspire Dream" shimmery wall art.  Testors Craft (Rust-oleum) provided a can of their new product, Intense Glitter.
For my project I used Intense Glitter in Silver. 

The intense glitter was applied to an aged looking wall plaque (Michaels) using a good quality acrylic brush.  The results were awesome!  I was blown away at how glittery the finish looked immediately.  Mind you, it is not a chunky glitter finish.  The finish looks smooth, shimmery and beautiful.  While it was drying I prepped the three inspirational words:
 Smile was a pre-cut wooden word that I painted using black acrylic paint.

Inspire was also a pre-cut wooden word.  I kept the Inspire as a dark wood finish and added sparkly gems (that looked great against the shimmery wall plaque).

Dream is a die cut designed by Suzanne Cannon for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  The die was used to cut hardboard and gold construction paper.

After the wall plaque dried, I used a doily stencil (Prima Marketing) and texture paste to add the doily detail in the top left corner.  A wooden heart was painted using red acrylic paint, air dried and more Intense Glitter applied. 
After dried, I used liquid adhesive to mount all pieces to the plaque as shown.  A wee white double bow and gold pendant were the finishing touches.  I am so thrilled at how the wall art turned out!  Now the tough part is deciding whether I hang this up in my craft room or my work cubicle.  I may need to make two.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Thank you, Rust-oleum, for sponsoring the event!


Have a happy, crafty day.
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...