Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016- August Tag "Hope"

Hello Crafty Friends!

Can you believe it is almost the end of August?  It seems like yesterday when I flipped the calendar to August...hmm...wait a second... perhaps it was yesterday and I am just a horrible procrastinator.  :)

Today I am sharing my tag I created for Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of 2016, August, challenge.  The tag background was created using a rubber brayer and Distress Stains in Pumice Stone and Picket Fence.  (see the technique here)
Next I applied Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain along the edges.
Water was flicked on the tag for an aged appearance.
Next I took a scrap piece of ivory card stock and applied Versamark to one end.  Distress Embossing powder in Fired Brick was applied.  Please note, I usually heat emboss the Fired Brick from under the card stock as I don't want the grains to fly off the ink.  When it appears that the embossing powder is set, I apply heat to the top of the tag to make sure all was embossed.
The finish is awesomeness.  The close up photo does not do it justice.
The embossed area and the non-embossed area were both die cut using the brick die from the Sizzix Mixed Media #3 set (66186).  
The ivory die cut was cut into pieces and adhered to the tag.  Next I glued the bricks into place.  Yes, I could have just placed the "mortar" cuts on top of the embossed paper but I did not want the mortar to stick out further than the bricks.  It does take a few minutes to do this step but well worth it.  (I hummed "She's a brick...house" during this process to keep me entertained.)
The inspiring hope sentiment from Stampers Anonymous' Ponderings stamp set (CMS252) was stamped with Archival Ink in Jet Black onto an ATC size map from Tim Holtz' Crowded Attic paper pad (TH92897).  It was mounted onto cheerful blue paper and then to the tag.
Tiny Tattered Flowers were created using Sizzix' die set 660227 and a plant die cut from Sizzix' Wildflowers set 661190.  Stickles was applied to the flowers as shown. (At first I wondered if I went overboard with the Stickles but then I laughed and said "Pfft...you can never have too much Stickles."  It's true, I would add it to this blog post if I could.)
Tim Holtz' typed token "hope" had Picket Fence paint added to whiten the text.
It was secured to the tag with pink twine and seam binding dyed using coordinating Distress Stains.
Some frosted half pearls were added and the tag was complete.
Looking at the tag makes me happy.  I hope it does the same for you!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Where did you bought the stamps? ("Hope us never lost" and "Live the life You've imagined")?? What brand is it?
    Pls tell me! I love those stams!!
    Best regards Ulrika in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation. Love the bricked background pieces - looks so realistic. Your flowers and the map with sentiment is awesome. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag- thanks for sharing your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaf design is extraordinary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...