Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

By The Sea birthday card, Scrapping4fun Challenge entry...Can I have your vote? :)


Hello again!

In April I was lucky enough to win Challenge #14 at the Scrapping 4 Fun challenge blog.  The next step in the challenge is as follows: the challenge winners from Challenges 8-15 submit a project following the same challenge theme.  Rachelle at Scrapping 4 Fun gave all of us this sketch: 
Each challenger made a project and is posted now at the Scrapping 4 Fun blog.  Blog visitors get to vote for the favorite project and the winner wins the grand prize of  three packs of Pion Design Paper!  Awesome prize!

For my project I went with a card using Graphic 45's By the Sea paper and Quietfire Design's Happy Birthday Plain & Simple stamp.  
Also used was a cute as a button die from Quickutz to make this sweet crab:
I wove twine along the top and bottom edges for a fun, by the sea feel.  
Inside the Pier 45 pocket is a tag and a seashell was added to the top.  I applied Stickles and glaze to the shell:
The flags were made using DCWV fiber paper, cut irregular (for a worn look) and Tim Holtz' Scattered Straw ink was applied along the edges (a little tricky in this photo...sorry!):
Thanks so much for stopping by to see the card!  I would so appreciate your vote, if you have time!  To vote, you have to state in the comment section "I vote for #14, Kathy Jo".  :)
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is also entered into the following challenges:
Little Scrap Pieces, Show it off Saturday
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Sister Act, AG
TTCRD, AG
DL Art, May Linky
Crafty Hazelnuts May Patterned Paper Linky

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for your beautiful entry as one of the Winner's at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Good luck!
    Hugs
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't even begin to tell you just how much I like this card. How do you take a sketch and turn it into something so spectacular? Want to give me some lessons?
    I voted !! Sadly, they only let me vote once, but I would have voted a hundred times for this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is awesome with so much detail! I went over and voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the papers!! The design is fabulous!! This just makes me happy to look at!! Headed over to vote for you!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I love the the Paer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy Jo! This is exquisite! LOVE all the beautiful details! Heading over to vote for you now!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card love those postage stamps, congratulations and best of luck.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and perfect Summertime and beachy card! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Jeannie
    TTCRD Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is GORGEOUS!!! The Graphic 45's By the Sea paper is BEAUTIFUL!! So much Fun!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, you sure know how to rock that G45 paper! Great piece! And that's why I like that stamp set, you can squeeze it in anywhere! Thanks for using it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card love the layout and beautiful Graphic 45 papers love the use of string and cute little crab--thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...