Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day card- Quietfire, Graphic 45 and Spellbinders

Hello Crafters!

The Card Concept announced their challenge, Mono Chromatic Purple, and my first thought was that I never use purple.  But I guess that is the point of challenges- challenge yourself to do new things.  Mother's Day is coming up (have my theme), purple is the challenge (color...check!) and Cardabilities provided the sketch (sweet!).
Working with all purple felt weird.  I don't recall ever running purple paper through any of my dies (shocker!) and I was not sure I even had ribbon or twine.  Luckily I have seam binding and Dusty Concord Distress Stain.  Deep in a drawer was purple twine.  Graphics 45 Sweet Sentiments and Secret Garden has purple paper.  Go figure!  I had purple stuff in my crafty room but never paid attention.  You learn something new every day.  :)

Hope you enjoyed my purple card.  Thanks for all of the Challenge blogs out there that challenge us!  
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

Product used:
Quietfire (Happy Mother's Day stamp), Spellbinders (Gold Corners Set One, Gold Circles One, Standard Circles, Stately Circles, A2 Bracket Borders One), Cheery Lynn (French Pastry), Graphic 45 (Sweet Sentiments, Secret Garden), Memento (Sweet Plum Dye Ink)

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Card Concept, Mono Chromatic Purple ( Style- shabby)
Cardabilities, Sketch
Loves Rubberstamps, AG
Sweet Stamps, Mom

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, this is a fabulous Mother's Day card. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I'd say you were up to this challenge. Love the purple. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to smile at the found purple items, because ME TOO I hardly ever use purple! It seems to be the hardest colour to match, and so what supplies I have languish too. Score on finding such great bits & bobs to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I like the doily and die combo - perfect match. Thanks for joining us in the SweetStamps challenge for Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your work, Kathy Jo. You have the most elegant, feminine style. Gorgeous card for mom, the lace and lavender is wonderful! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card!
    Thanks for join us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try this again!! What an absolutely gorgeous card!! I love the pretty purple!! The dies you used together are so beautiful!! I love everything about this!! It's stunning my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. For never using purple you sure used it well and made a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful use of the sketch! Your lace and doily and bg go perfectly together - Thanks for joining in with Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card! I love it in every detail! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities! :)
    ~Olga Kovalchuk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! Love the colors here. Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to stop over and say hi and tell you how pretty your card is... Love those G45 papers you used :) Thanks for sharing your card with us on Cardabilites !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Love the layers and your color combo. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful colours! Love it!
    Thanks for join us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...