Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Quietfire and Graphic 45 Bird Song Birthday card

Hello All!

Today I am sharing a card using one of the new stamps from Quietfire's Happy Birthday Plain & Simple set.  Lucky me, I just received the Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and the Happy Birthday stamp fits perfectly inside of it!  I also used scrap pieces of Graphic 45's Bird Song paper for the card.  For anyone that knows me, I save every scrap of Graphic 45 paper unless I know that it is so small that it won't make a wee banner, a small trim piece or a corner for a photo...just imagine my paper scrap stash!  I can't help doing that because the paper is so nice that I don't want to waste any of it.
Here is a closeup of the Happy Birthday in the banner die.  I also used a blueish grey chalk on the banner to match the coloring in the birds' bodies.  The photo makes the lace look a little weird because it was dyed using Tim Holtz's Barn Door and Scattered Straw but for some reason it looks pink in the photo.  In person, it does match the color of the flowers in the papers.
The Quietfire stamp set is a new release this month.  The set contains 8 cling stamps and is shipped on a plastic hardboard for neat storage.  Below is an image of the other stamps in the set.  I like the different fonts and sizes of the set- it makes it quite versatile.  Right now there is also a special on new stamps at Quietfire: 20% off new stamps!
Happy Birthday Plain & Simple - Set of 7 Stamps
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week.
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Eureka Challenge #90, Birthday
QKR Stampede, Punch or Die
613 Avenue Create, AG
DL Art, May Linky
Sister Act, AG
Crafts Galore, AG
Crafty Hazelnuts May Patterned Paper Challenge, AG
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday, Die
4 Krafty Girlz, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG

6 comments:

  1. This is just stunning!! That paper is gorgeous!! Wow!! I love it!! Absolutely beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with pretty papers and love the die. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Birthday Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining the fun for the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that font is just so perfect for the birds! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, gorgeous image and DP's. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge #5 and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...