Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Guest Designer at Love to Create Challenge Blog- "Say it with flowers"


Hello All!

I am very honored to be a guest designer at Love to Create Challenge Blog today!  The challenge theme is "Say it with flowers" and the sponsor is Sassy Studio Designs.

For my card I went with Sassy Studio's Super Mom image.  Is she one tough and awesome lady or what?  Of course she is a super hero (like every mom!) so she had to bust through the card front.  I colored her with several different techniques (watercolor, markers, pencils) before I decided on which I liked best- glaze pens.  The glaze pens gave it more of the comic book look.

The dies used (do I ever make a card not using dies?) are Spellbinders Mystical Embrace (in blue) and Arched Windows One.  The cool retro papers are from October Afternoon's All Systems Go collection.

Thank you to Love to Create Challenge Blog for having me a guest designer today!  Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see your flower project at Love to Create!

Hugs,
Kathy Jo

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how fun having Super Mom burst through the front of the card!! Love, love this!! The design and colors are awesome!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Kathy Jo, this card is wonderful so fresh and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy I love this, especially the torn paper - it really does give it that 'comic book' feel. So happy to have you with us as GDT over at Love To Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, bursting through the paper - that is GENIUS!! Love that concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great having you as our Guest Designer this week at Love to Create! You rocked the challenge!
    Crafty Hugs!
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. One fabulous card Kathy!! Love how you design has her busting out just like a Super Mom would do!! Thank you so much for joining us as a guest designer and supporting our challenge by playing along with us when you can!! We are honored to have you and hope you will join us again soon,
    Hugs"
    Jackie , LTC owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...