Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

"Joy" deer card

Hello Crafty Friends!

I don't know about you, but I enjoy making holiday cards as you can create so many different styles of cards depending on color, texture, complexity, simplicity, whatever!  The card that I am sharing today uses an older Sizzix Tim Holtz deer die and papers/die cuts I had in my stash- except the Joy die which is a new release.  So, let's jump right into the instructions...

Instructions:

  • Create 5x5 tent fold card from white card stock.
  • Cut velvet brocade paper (from my stash- I believe it was Recollections) smaller than card base.  Mount with double sided tape.
  • Die cut gold paper using doily die and mount to card base using liquid adhesive (or use a doily die from your stash)
  • Die cut deer from chipboard (I used the base of a finished paper pad).  Apply white crackle and air dry.  (if you use a heat tool on the crackle, you make get unsightly bubbles on the surface)
  • Apply Distress inks all over deer and darker ink along edges of deer.


  • Adhere ribbon around deer neck.  Mount to doily using double sided foam tape and liquid adhesive.
  • Die cut white card stock using a pennant die (or just cut pennant by hand).
  • Die cut Joy from red glitter paper or die cut from card stock and add glitter.  Mount to pennant using liquid adhesive.

Love the texture of the card- the glitter, the felted brocade, the smooth glitter paper and the crackle deer texture.

Product used:

I could not find the deer or the white crazing (Tim's Holtz' white Crackle paint) that I used (perhaps no longer made?) but I did find this set which may be a good substitute.  It looks like the crazing will need the deer card base to be white before die cutting.  I like the new deer die set...may have to buy it!!


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...