Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Baby Shower gatefold card

Hello again!

A work colleague is having a surprise baby shower tomorrow.  This is her first child and it looks like it will be a boy.  Guess what I made for her?  (lol)

This was a last minute card.  I was checking my blogs this morning and saw Lisa's post for Paper Playtime's challenge- use three different patterned papers.  I thought "Hey!  I have three different patterned papers."  ;)  Then I saw Craftin' Desert Divas new challenge which is babies.  I thought "Hey!  I have a baby shower card to make for Friday...perfect!"  Then I remembered the email on Friday stating there was a last minute change and it is now Tuesday for the shower.  D'OH!  So, I went up the the craft room and started at it.  Two hours later was this baby shower card.  (That is actually very fast for me.  I am usually doing laundry or I get distracted by dies and start playing with scrap paper...and then I realize I have been in and out of the craft room for a while.)  Anyway, on to the card!

The card is a gatefold (base is 8.5 x 4.25 and then scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8).  I used Anna Griffin dots and damask paper on the small folded sections.  The striped paper is MME's Be Amazing.  Ivory paper was die cut from Spellbinders' Stately Circles.
The outside has a die cut stack starting from the bottom: ivory (Stately circles), stripes (Standard Circles LG), ivory (Stately),  and dots (Circles LG).  The Bundle of Joy sentiment was stamped in Versafine's Vintage Sepia and then embossed in copper.  The stamp is from Michaels $1.50 CA ($1 US) bins.  Kaisercraft copper pearls were applied.  Stickles Waterfall was inserted in the stars.  A baby blue bow with a button/twine embellishment was the finishing touch. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great work week and back to school week!
Hugs,
K-Jo

This card is in the following challenges:
Craftin' Desert Divas, Babies
Paper Playtime, 3 different papers
D.L. Art, linky par-tay
Word Art Wednesday, AG


16 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love your use of the Spellbinder's Stately Circles!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning The colors and design are amzing. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heart be still, Kathy Jo! This is adorable, and I just LOVE that color combo. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us. I enjoy your cards SO MUCH, and I cannot thank you enough for sharing in our challenges. Have a blessed week!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design!! The papers are so beautiful!! What a stunning card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a Michael's stamp!!?? So sweet! What a fabulous card and I love those Stately Circles, now they are on my must-have list. That darn list always seems to get longer after I see your cards! I love the bow with the button and twine.
    ( Next Sunday is a go! YAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the colors, they are just perfect!! Thanks for joining Crafting Desert Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby card!! Love the gate fold, the papers and that wonderful sentiment!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Use 3 Different Papers' challenge at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding, Kathy Jo, love this very much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stunning card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the colours and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy Jo,
    This gatefold is a beauty, the die cuts are so clean and beautiful.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this beautiful artwork with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful ! I love the colors and the design !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Love the papers. You did a super job. I will be sharing this on Craftin Desert Divas Facebook page!!


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous card! I am delighted we are termites at Totally Gorjuss! I am your newest follower.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card!! Great colors and design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...