Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Joyous Noel card using Spellbinders Branching Out dies

Happy Monday!

The Spellbinders die set Branching Out arrived on Friday...Woot-Woot!  I went through my scrap bin and played with the three dies.  What a fantastic set and the little leftover bits of paper easily come out of the dies.  Super sweet.


I realized after looking at my die cuts and bits of scrap that I had a Christmas card almost complete- the branching out base was done, the green paper and woodgrain papers were cut and the ribbon bow was a practice ribbon I had done last week.  Cool!  
Now all I needed was a focal point...enter JustRite's Noel Christmas Ornament.  I stamped it in red then embossed it in red glitter powder.  I do not have pigment green ink to match the bow or paper so I used a darker green color, stamped it out once on a piece of scrap paper then stamped it on the ornament.  Voila!  Lighter shade of green.  To finish it off I distressed the edges and added faux stitches.  
Hope you like the card!  It was so fun to make.  Another Christmas card done...YAY!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments!

Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Crafty Ribbons Challenge, AG with Ribbon
CHNC, Christmas, Use a stamp
Stamp n Doodle, Stitches
One Crazy Stamper, Christmas in September
HIMCR, Layers
613 Avenue, AG
Paper Creators Crafts- Christmas
Creative Craft Challenges, Ribbon

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card! The inside is just as pretty as the outside...great bow too! Thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECTION! Absolutely, perfectly perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this looks just perfect!! thanks for playing along with us at
    CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Glad you had so much fun with it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly beautiful CAS design! I don't think you could have chosen a better die cut to use on this card. It absolutely elevates your design to the next level! Thanks for leaving this on our doorstep here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. That die is spectacular indeed. Love how you used it to frame your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant and classy - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 143 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's GORGEOUS! And the bits pop out of the die easily? HEAVEN. Poking those out is so boring. I love the woodgrain behind the ornament :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win at Stamp 'n' Doodle with this fabulous card! I love that you "made" your own shade of green ink...it worked perfectly!
    Please be sure to share more of your great creations in our upcoming challenges!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Stamp 'n' Doodle Design Team
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. AARRGG !! I passed on that die set, and now I'm jealous! It looks wonderful on your card and I love it on the inside too. I'm always a fan of woodgrain so of course I think this card is GREAT !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really nice. The branches are a great idea. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing our Christmas in September Challenge at One Crazy Stamper, wonderful job!

    Leanne DT!
    One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got to get that die!! This is stunning!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the woodgrain wood background on this one. You must own every die-cut known to mankind. I'm amazed!
    Another delightful card.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...