Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

I hear tell it is CAS at Kraft Journal, Pardner

Happy Labor Day, Ma'ams and Sirs. <she says as she tips her cowboy hat with her two fingers>

I reckon it is another contest over at the Kraft Journal.  Yesterday I rounded up my tools, lassoed some chalks and mowseyed on to my craft room...
Last week I received my package from Kraft Journal for winning the name the owl contest (Owliver).  The package was full of so much happy Kraft goodness!  I spread it all out on our dining room table and showed my husband.  One item definitely caught his attention: the Wild West Stamp set!  I have been wanting a cowboy themed stamp set for so long and there it was!  Woot-woot!  I took a peek at the upcoming Kraft Challenges, saw the next one was CAS and made this card.
The stamped image was from the Wild West set and the rope was also in Kraft package.  I just tied a double knot and double stapled it to the front as shown.  I created the sunset using 5 different chalks.  For the inside I die cut two papers using my new Spellbinders set, Labels Thirty One.  I stamped "Howdy Pardner" so that this could be an anytime card.



There you go, Buckaroos.  My cowboy CAS card.  Hope y'all liked it!  

Hate to cut and run but I am mighty obliged you stopped by.
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Kraft Journal, CAS
Crafting by Designs, AG
Die Cutting Divas, Just Because
Here Come the Boys, Lazy Days of Summer
Krafty Hands, AG
Simon Says Stamp, AG
The Male Room, Great Outdoors
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Hiding in my Craftroom, AG
Just B Creative, AG

21 comments:

  1. So super AWESOME Kathy Jo!!! Excited that you won all these fun goodies from The Kraft Outlet! Have fun playing with them all!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love silhouette stamps, and your sunset coloring, Kathy! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally FABulous, Kathy Jo -- my hubby would LOVE this!!! Cute post too, Pardner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, Kathy Jo!! I love the stamps!! The twine knot is such an awesome touch!! And I really enjoyed reading your cute post, too!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO stunning in it's simplicity, I love it! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy Jo, this is brilliant hun, and it would be a perfect males card, although, my favourite past time when I was a little girls, was watching cowboy and indians with my dad..LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect take on CAS! I struggle, but you showed us how to make a CAS card beautifully! Yay you on your win and using your new goodies! Thank you so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal! Have a SUPER week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an AWESOME CAS card - you really nailed it. I told you, and I'm being perfectly honest, I stink at CAS!

    I am SO glad that you won all those Kraft Outlet goodies, and I know you will put them all to good use. Thanks for sharing in our challenge, and have a blessed week!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Thank you for sharing this wonderful CAS card in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. I am VERY grateful each time you stop by to share with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and fun projects! I <3 CAS.

    Thanks for linking up at September's Just Because Linky Party!!!

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Just B Creative Crazy Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Store

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl, you nailed it! Love your CAS take and I meant to congratulate you earlier for naming Owliver! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - perfectly clean and simple and perfect for our challenge this week in The Male Room - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent. cant beat a CAS card. thanks for joining us at Here Come The Boys. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOhh I DO like this one, the position of the stamp, the rustic twine and knot and the fun sentiment inside. Great CAS card- Perfect for our Great Outdoors challenge at The Male Room, thanks for joining in

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an awesome stamp. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yee Haaa!! A lovely CAS card, Thanks for joining in at The Male Room.
    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome CAS card, perfect for the "Lazy Summer Days" challenge at Here Come The Boys
    Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Clean finish Thanks for playing at Here COme The Boys Woo & Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kathy Jo, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! I'm not surprised though, like I said before, this card is PERFECT !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...