Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Dots, Woodgrain and Floral Tri-fold card


 Happy Saturday, Crafters!

Do you know what Saturday means? Another challenge at Totally Gorjuss.  The challenge this week is Dots...a perfect excuse to make a project using my favorite pattern!  

Recently I purchase a package of the My Mind's Eye 12x12 Howdy Doody collection.  Not only did it contain two of each of the papers but also the stickers, rub-ons, wood cutouts and other goodies.  It was a steal of a deal for only $5!!  Woo-who!  So, I thought I would make a tri-fold card using this kit.  

The front panel was made using a pale yellow background with white polka dots.  Mini bouquets are also on the paper- so pretty.  I die cut a doily (Couture Creations die, Alcyone Doily).  I applied TH distress ink Bundle Sage to a wood cutout and then applied the beautiful flower rub-on.  A large pale green bow, yellow twine and peach rose (Recollections) was then assembled.  
The tri-fold inner panels used the bottom portion of one of the woodgrain sheets.  It also has the most colorful roses...I love this paper!  I fussy cut one of the stickers (My Favorite Things About You) and adhered to the last panel with half a doily.  The other half of the doily was quartered and adhered to the front.

The craziest part of this card?  I did not stamp anything!  I do not believe I have made a card without a stamp before...kinda neat, huh?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments!  Looking forward to seeing your projects at Totally Gorjuss!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card was made for the Totally Gorjuss Design Team, Challenge: Dots.

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Divas By Design, AG
Paper Shelter, Many Folds
Crafty Ribbons, AG with Ribbon
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Sister Act 25, AG
TTCRD, AG
Scrap Creations, Dots
Challenges 4 Everyone, AG
Creative Challenges 2, Use Ribbon


12 comments:

  1. This is SO PRETTY, Kathy Jo. I'm delighted to have you share this in our challenge. I always love seeing your sweet creations and love having you play along. Hope you're having a very blessed week!
    Big hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kathy Jo !! I love everything you did in this beautiful card !!

    Hugs
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creation love the bow. Thankyou for joining us at our challenge at challenges 4 everybody. Fiona Dt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Kathy Jo. It is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner! Love the combination of all your elements. How did you manage to not stamp? LOL Hope you're having a great weekend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is gorgeous Kathy Jo!!! LOVING the design!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: Use Ribbon
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! That bow is so juicy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fold design, love your topper and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. No kidding that's a score! I love finding stuff like that on sale :)
    That bow is just delicious - the twine & the perfect flower....what a work of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of all your cards, this has to be one of my favorites !! I love the MME Miss Caroline collections, some of my favorite papers EVER, and the way you used it on this card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my friend!! I've missed you while I was gone!! I couldn't wait to stop by and see what crafty goodness I missed while I was gone!! And as always, you didn't disappoint!! This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful papers!! The fold is fabulous!! And that bow - gorgeous!! I hope you are having a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...