Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Brewmaster


Hello Crafters!

My husband's birthday was last week and I wanted to make a card that is unique for him.  He brews his own beer so we have hops, grains and yeast stored in our home.  Not to mention the chemistry vials and containers in his brewing area.  I jokingly tell him that our basement is looking more and more like an episode of Breaking Bad!  Well, there are not a lot of beer brewing stamps out there (big surprise) but Tim Holtz does have the Chemistry stamp set.  It is perfect for a brewmaster birthday card!

I wanted it to look manly and vintage with a little bit of fun.  I stamped out the images on watercolor paper and used TH distress inks and pens to color.  On the apron I hand drew a hop, colored it in and applied glitter for a good laugh.   (Which my husband did think it was funny.)  The frame is from K&Company's Embossed Frames pad.  The background paper is Kaisercraft's Velvet Ensemble.  

For the inside I used Spellbinders Labels 17 with more of the Velvet Ensemble paper.  The Happy Birthday is from JustRite's Anchors Away stamp set.


The back is another die cut of the TH Chemistry set.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments!  They are so appreciated!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Totally Papercrafts, Birthday
TTCRD, AG
Sister Act Card Challenge, AG
Divas By Design, AG
Seize the Birthday
Creative Moments, Frame It
Whimsy Stamps, Masculine
My Creative Time, Birthday

15 comments:

  1. WOWZERS Kathy Jo! This is AMAZING!!! I love the image and your coloring on the watercolor paper! That frame is such a PERFECT added embellishment! So LOVING this manly card and I am sure your hubs LOVED it too!!
    FAB job!!! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I love it! What a wonderful way to incorporate something he really enjoys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so fab! Im sure your husband was very pleased with it :)I love your colouring too what a great card!

    vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and idea! Love your coloring and designing! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card thanks for joining us over on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, love the images you have used, thank you for joining in with Divas By Design
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME card,Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! OMG! And everything! This card is amazing! I have never seen anything like this! The frame is just fabulous. I was 100% sure it was real! OMG! Just perfect! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AWESOME !! I think the papers and the frame are absolutely perfect for that fabulously coloured image. I love how you used the other images on the rest of the card, keeping the theme throughout. I've never seen the K&Co frame you used before, I'm thinking you must have done a happy dance when it fit the image so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card - so perfect for the recipient - I bet he loved it!
    Thanks for playing along at TPC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card! Love the frame and the little touch of glitter.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, love those image!! Thank you for join us at Creative Moments this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great and very unusual. Thank uou for entering the CreativeMoments challenge. Leona x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project for a guy who brews his own beer. How cool. New follower of yours here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so fun!! I love the stamps you used!! What an awesome card!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...