Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thankful for you card

Happy Sunday Crafteteers!

It has been a trying week in the craft room.  Friday's Totally Gorjuss card took way too long for me to make and I have been struggling to get cards made.  I never realized a little vacation can throw me off so much!  Last night I dropped the project I was doing and made a card for the Kraft Journal challenge this week.  Come to find out, it was just what I needed to get back into the swing of things!  I finished the Kraft Journal card and finished the other card I was working on.  Woo-who!

A tidbit about this card: before I went on vacation I wrote down the list of upcoming Kraft Journal challenges.  This list was my "excuse list" to buy crafty goodies.  :)  While in the States, I went to Hobby Lobby and saw the leaf flourishes embossing folder from Darice...I bought it to use in the Kraft Journal challenge.  What a great background!  I am very happy with the purchase and that list.  (Just had to share that with you all.) So, onto the card details...

The leaf flourishes folder dry embossed Kraft paper.  I flipped the embossed paper over and applied TH distress ink, Broken China.  A burgundy Copic marker was applied along the edge.  The paper was misted using Art Co's gold glitter mist.  Another piece of Kraft paper was cut and TH Spice Marmalade was applied.  Inkadinkado's So Thankful for You stamp was heat embossed in burgundy then die cut using Spellbinders Assorted Leaves (S4-076).  Cream twine was applied on the card, the die cut foam taped on top then I added gems in blue, burgundy and pale orange.  Voila!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you all have a happy Sunday.
Hugs,
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Kraft Journal, Colors
613 Ave, AG
Paper Crafting Journey, AG
Sister Act Challenge, AG
Stamp and Create, Fall or Halloween
Just B Creative, AG
TTCRD, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
D.L Art, October Linky
Simon Says Stamp, Halloween Colors
Little Scrap Pieces, Fun Friday Linky

13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, Kathy Jo!! The embossing is fabulous...the inking is perfect!! I love how you stamped the sentiment on the leaf!! Beautiful card my friend!! I know exactly what you mean about trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation. I'm still not there!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome design! Lovely technique employed to create your background. I must go right now and purchase that embossing folder. I love Darice products and you have just made a sale for them with this amazing design. Your focal image is beautifully designed and executed as well! I love CAS when done well and you have presented this project perfectly. I think the sprinkling of bling around your focal elevates this design and takes it to the next level. Such a delight to find the project in our mailbox here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a great choice on purchasing this embossing folder I can see it to be very versatile . Love your design and how clever stamping the sentiment on the leaf. .
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I just LOVE this Kathy Jo. The embossing is gorgeous and the sentiment is placed so perfectly. It's absolutely lovely and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge.
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a clever idea, having a crafty shopping list :)
    I find creating after a vacation tough too - it's like we need the frequent craftiness to feel comfortable with it. This is so lovely - the inked embossing! - and I bet it felt good to get messy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful embossed background and die-cut leaf all matches the tree image perfectly-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is stunning....is the embossing folder by Darice? That is one of the prettiest I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duh, never mind, I saw in your post that the folder IS by Darice! I must find it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on making the Top Three at the Kraft Journal and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving love! I knew this card was a winner when I saw it as an entry at my challenge blog. I thought, this card may end up being a Friday Feature at the Kraft Journal. Very nicely done!

    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card. I love the stamping inside the leaf. Thanks for joining us this week at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your card on the Diana Larson linky party (which has tons of entries) and your stood out, really caught my eye~very nice card! just wanted to let you know. have a happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Kathi from 613 Avenue Create and after reading Chana's comment I couldn't agree more with everything she said! I too love that embossing and how you punched the sentiment with the leaf punch. The bling directs your eye diagonally across the design it's beautiful! Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...