Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Totally Gorjuss Challenge 206 card


Hellllooooo Everyone!

Another challenge has started at Totally Gorjuss: String.  There are so many ways to use string on a project and I cannot wait to see what everyone shares!

For my card I used another LaBlanche stamp.  (There is quite a bit of pretty detail in the stamp image so I made the photo of the card larger for your viewing ease.)  This is also a stamp that I have never used but this one will definitely be used again.  What a lovely image!  I stamped it on watercolor paper and used TH inks to color in the image.  For the sky I used two different blue chalks.  The image was then die cut using Spellbinders die Decorative Labels Twenty Eight.  Two Cheery Lynn French Pastry doilies were laced under the image.  Graphic 45 French Country paper was cut using Spellbinders 5x7 Enchanted Labels and another sheet of French Country (stripes) was placed under the die cut.  All of the paper was assembled to a Kraft paper base.  

Crinkle ribbon and blue string were wrapped around the card front as shown.  I picked three twigs from my evergreen tree and glued it under my bow.  A metal button and more blue string was adhered to the bow.

I hope to see your string card at Totally Gorjuss!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Kathy Jo 

11 comments:

  1. OH WOW, this card is stunning Kathy Jo. looks like a painting...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! LOVE this Kathy Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Kathy Jo!! The image is stunning!! I love the design and dies you used!! It's fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love the layout and the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crinkle ribbon & twine are so perfect here! That image is gorgeous & you've painted it so softly - love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love birds, so this stamp totally works for me, especially with the beautiful colouring you did. I am so jealous (as always) by the fabulous way you have of layering your Spellbinders. Finally, where did you get that gorgeous ribbon ? It looks lovely on this beautiful card !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. This is brilliant. LOVE the whole composition. So classy and elegant. Pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! This is such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! =) I LOVE the colors and the way you layered the different die cuts!! THANKS for the SWEET Comment on my Blog, it means ALOT!! I have never played along with that challenge so THANKS for the heads up and invite!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about TOTALLY GORJUSS, Kathy Jo. This is stunning! I always enjoy your sweet art. I hope you will be by to share with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Gorgeous color!

    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...