Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Totally Gorjuss Challenge Card, AG with Wings


Don't you just love the weekend?  There are so many great things about weekends: sleeping in a bit, no rushing to get out the door, to get home, to get stuff done.  Another thing I like about weekends is that a new challenge is introduced at Totally Gorjuss.  This week's new challenge is Wings and Things.  

For the challenge card I used a LaBlanche stamp that I have owned for over a year now and never used.  (That is one of many things about challenges that I enjoy: excuses to use my crafty items.)  I wanted the card to look like an old print from the 50s/60s so I chose colors accordingly.  The image I colored to look like the simple one color printing style from that time.  (I am not sure of the name of this style but I love seeing old cookbooks that use it!  If you know the name, feel free to tell me.)  The paper is from Graphic 45 collections French Country and Bird Song.  The paper matched the image perfectly.  The black ornate border on the bottom of the image is die cut from Spellbinders Ironworks.  Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics die cut the image.

The inside is a continuation from the front.  More G45 paper and a die cut doily (Sizzix 657996).
I did not add sentiment to the card.  I plan on using this card as a just because or an emergency card for an unknown or last minute occasion.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy your weekend and I hope to see your wing project at Totally Gorjuss!

Hugs,
Kathy Jo


6 comments:

  1. Yes, Kathy Jo, I do love the weekend, hope you have a nice one, Stunning card, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Kathy Jo, this is totally gorgeous!! I love the stamp you used!! It looks amazing!! All of the touches you added are perfect!! Stunning card my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO so so pretty! Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is totally gorgeous! (see what I did there?) Love the bright crisp yet elegant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling bird cage, Kathy Jo. I also LOVE how you always take the time to decorate inside your cards. It's just that extra touch that says WOW! You are truly amazing, my friend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...