Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Masculine Graphic 45 and Quietfire birthday card

Happy Sunday, All!

Spring is just around the corner and I welcome it with open arms.  Hellloooo warmer weather!  Spring also means baseball...and I love my baseball!  I am a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan and I can't wait to see my boys of summer on the field again.  Go Cubbies!

Baseball was on my mind when I made the card I am sharing today.  The layout is based on the sketch at the Card Maker challenge this week:
Here is the front view of my card:
The sentiment is a quote from one of the legends of baseball: Satchel Paige.  I remember my dad talking about him.  What an amazing player!  The stamped quote is from Quietfire and it goes so well with the Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport paper and Kraft paper.    The details in the lower right corner were fussy cut from the paper and I used the Spellbinders star die, too:
The inside has the Happy Birthday sentiment- also from Quietfire:

To give it the vintage look, I used Ranger Ink's Distress Ink in Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain along all of the edges inside and out:
Hope you are having a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs!
Kathy Jo

This card is entered into the following challenges:
Card Maker Magazine, Sketch
Kraft Journal, Celebrate (birthday)
613 Avenue Create, AG
Word Art Wednesday, AG
Die Cuttin' Divas, Die cut with Sentiment

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy Jo I love ,love love this card you aced the challenge with this card . Like how you gave it a vintage feel with the DI. Must add that Quietfire stamp to my wish list .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect use of the sketch with those tickets. Fantastic card - love the design, the elements, the papers. Thank you so much for entering it in the Kraft Journal Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! I love the baseball theme!! The papers are awesome!! Love this, Kathy Jo!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage look is just great - perfect for a guy. Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patterns and style. WOW. The sentiment is wonderful.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your design over on 613 Avenue and I was blown away. I'm a huge baseball fan..and this card is just outstanding! You do beautiful work, I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...