Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Distressed Butterfly Card

Hello Crafteteers!
 
Last Saturday my friend and I took a Tim Holtz class at Carousel Stamps.  The class introduced me to Tim Holtz Distress Stain dabbers.  Those dabbers opened up a whole new world in paper crafting!  Why had I not used them before?  When the class was complete, I bought a dabber to play with. 

As much as I wanted to, I could not play with the dabber because I had to finish a card that I had started the previous week. Each night this week I went into the craft room and tried to work on that card. Each night I changed something on the card and each night I was frustrated with the layout. Finally today I put away the pieces of the "frustration card" and played with the dabber. Excellent decision! My card creating block was broken and I made two cards.  




The cards were quick to make and the dabbers were fun to play around with.  Distress Ink dabbers: I will never look at a Bingo dabber the same again...
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

Materials used: Tim Holtz Distress ink pad Walnut Stain, dabbers in Scattered Straw and Broken China, Recollections cling stamps set Moths, Art Co Glimmer Mist in gold, Stickles Diamond.

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely!Love the moth stamp. I've never used the Distress Stains before:you make me want to try them!

    Hugs,
    Kristi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are really pretty. I am kind of partial to the first one. I love the warm colors and the design too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment...I really appreciate it!
Have a happy crafty day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...